The Center for Policy Research on Aging has established a broad research agenda within the parameters of aging policy and the “politics of aging.” The CPRA is currently working on research projects that will inform debate at all levels of government.
The CPRA research interests include:
- The politics of aging in the Latino community
- Strategic planning for the aging baby boomers
- The future of Social Security and Medicare
- Aging policy in California
- Policy implications of the city of Los Angeles’ diverse aging population
- Global aging (with a specific focus on the Pacific Rim and Latin America)
- The aging of the baby boomer cohort
In addition, the CPRA is committed to providing gerontological policy education to graduate and undergraduate students. The Center allows students the opportunity to participate in various real-world research projects that foster the development of analytical, substantive, intellectual, and organizational skills to serve them in their careers.